- 0 student
- 0 lessons
- 0 quizzes
- 16 week duration
IBPS PO Syllabus 2020 has been discussed here. The Syllabus for IBPS PO is set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). The syllabus is an important part of knowing the exam, a candidate is appearing for. To do well in the IBPS Exam, it is necessary to remain acquainted with the new IBPS PO Syllabus. This article explains the IBPS PO Syllabus elaborately.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2020: Overview
|Exam Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, IBPS|
|Name of Exam||IBPS PO 2020|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|IBPS PO Notification||Released on 4th August 2020|
IBPS PO Exam
|Duration of Exam||
|Marking scheme||1 mark each for every correct answer in Online Test|
|Negative marking||1/4th of the marks assigned to the question in MCQ|
|Mode of Examination||Online For Prelims & Mains|
|Language of examination||English OR Hindi
English Language paper has to be attempted in English.
IBPS PO Syllabus
IBPS PO Exam Syllabus is no different from any other PO Bank Exams. The IBPS PO Exam is conducted in three different stages as listed below:
- IBPS PO Prelims Exam
- IBPS PO Mains Exam
- IBPS PO Interview
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test (Pre and Mains) of the Online Main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for the interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, IBPS PO Cut-Off will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online Main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for the interview. A candidate should qualify both in the Online Main Exam and interview and be sufficiently high to be considered for the final appointment. Thus, the final selection is made on the marks scored by the candidate in the IBPS PO Mains Exam and Interview (Mains+Interview).
IBPS PO Syllabus: IBPS PO Exam Pattern For Prelims
The IBPS PO Prelims is the first stage of the IBPS PO Recruitment 2020. This is the screening round.
- The Prelims Stage of IBPS PO will have three sections of a total duration of 1 Hour.
- There will be a total of 100 Multiple Choice Questions.
- Candidates will have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.
- An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern
|IBPS PO Exam Pattern: Prelims Exam|
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Syllabus: IBPS PO Exam Pattern For Mains
This is the 2nd Stage of the IBPS Exam. The candidates who will qualify the Prelims of IBPS PO Exam will be eligible to appear for the IBPS PO Mains Exam 2020.
- There will be four sections for the IBPS PO Mains Exam and an additional section of the English Language which will be taken separately on the same date of the exam.
- The IBPS PO Mains Exam will have a total of 200 MCQ’s of a total duration of 3 Hours.
- There will be separate timing for each section as it was in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam.
- The candidates will have to pass separately in each test/section.
Introduction of Descriptive Test: 25 Marks
Just like SBI PO 2020 Exam, IBPS has included the descriptive test of 25 Marks in the PO Mains Exam. The candidates will have to write an essay and a letter of 25 marks. The English Language Paper is to assess the candidates’ writing skills and it is compulsory to pass in this paper by securing a minimum cut off.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
A candidate’s marks in the IBPS PO Mains Exam should be sufficiently high to be elgible for the Final Section.
|IBPS PO Exam Pattern: Mains|
|S.No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
(Letter Writing & Essay)
IBPS PO Syllabus For Prelims
The syllabus for the IBPS PO Prelims Exam is given below for the following sections:
- Reasoning Ability
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
|Reasoning Ability||English Language||Quantitative Aptitude|
IBPS PO Syllabus For Mains
The candidates who secure a minimum cut off will be eligible to appear for the IBPS PO Mains Exam. The syllabus for the IBPS PO Mains Exam is given below for the following sections:
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
- English Language
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
|Reasoning Ability||English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness and Computer Knowledge|
It is necessary for all the candidates applying for IBPS PO 2020 Exam to once go through the syllabus as mentioned in the IBPS PO 2020 notification released by IBPS to prepare judiciously for this exam.
IBPS PO Syllabus: Interview
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Online Main examination for CRP- PO/MT-X will subsequently be
called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be conducted at select centers.
- The total marks allotted for the IBPS PO Interview is 100.
- The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD candidates).
- The weightage (ratio) of the IBPS PO Online Main Exam and interview will be 80:20 respectively.
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Main Examination of CRP- PO/MT-IX and Interview.
- A candidate should qualify both in the Online Main Exam and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process.
comprises of Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General/
0.00 average based on 0 ratings